ABOUT MISSIO DEI CHICAGO
Missio Dei Uptown started in 2014 as a congregational plant of Missio Dei Chicago. Missio Dei Chicago is a church made up of congregations rallying around the singular vision of joining God as He makes all things new in the city of Chicago. Each congregation is committed to making disciples of Jesus in its context by intentionally engaging the holistic needs of their neighbors and neighborhoods. Missio Dei is a neighborhood focused, elder led, missional church in Chicago. Each neighborhood congregation has its own budget, elders, deacons, and leadership teams that care for the spiritual direction of its people and make every effort to see people trust in Jesus with their lives. Missio Dei holds to the essential Christian doctrines as best expressed in the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.
This person will report directly to David VanWinkle, working closely alongside him to lead the congregation towards its vision, mission, and values. The candidate will help lead a multi-ethnic church in one of the most diverse neighborhoods in Chicago. We are looking for a spirit led leader, and collaborator who is energized by working with people from a variety of backgrounds. A strong ability to lead worship and train others is required. This role is a part-time salaried position.
Completed bachelor's degree and experience in urban church context preferred.
Agreement with Missio Dei Chicago’s Statement of Beliefs.
- WORSHIP LEAD - Lead our congregation in worship 2-3 times each month.
- LEADERSHIP - Recruit, train, facilitate practice and empower worship leaders and musicians at Missio Dei Uptown. Plan and implement worship team meetings and care for team members well. Provide musical direction and vision for the worship team, incorporating diverse styles of worship and encouraging team members’ development.
- ADMINISTRATION - Help organize Sunday services. Schedule and communicate with worship leaders and musicians while working closely with sound, graphic, setup and teardown teams.
If you are interested in being part of Missio Dei Uptown, we invite you to submit the following:
- Send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- Fill out Missio Dei Chicago Employment Application
Hours: Approximately 10 hours/week
Goal Start Date: August 1st, 2019
Salary: Depends on experience
Reports to: David VanWinkle, Congregational Lead