We desire for Missio Dei Uptown to be a community that redefines the image of church in our context. After Jesus rose from the dead, He left a community of believers where God’s power was constantly on display. These people loved their neighbors radically and shared their lives with one another. They told of their struggles and failures openly, served one another, gave freely, and lived courageously. People from all over came together to worship Jesus and offer the world a vision of life so beautiful that many would leave everything to follow Jesus. We too believe that Jesus is life. Jesus offers a life of grace, forgiveness, freedom, joy, and community that we hope define our church. We are a church where everyone is welcome and where the good news of Jesus is transforming our lives. This belief leads us to the broken places, engaging people with this new life and boldly proclaiming the love of Jesus that stands above everything else.
Our church began in February, 2014 with a just a couple dozen people. Though we have learned so much during these past couple years, our vision hasn’t changed. It is to join God in the renewal of Uptown! We desire to be a multicultural church where people from any background, age, gender, and race can participate in a reconciling community of faith. Our vision is to see the renewal break through all across the neighborhood and currently have focused our efforts up and down Lawrence Avenue.
We would love for you to join us!
Children's ministry check-in open from 9:45-10:15am. Parking is available at Chicago's Lakeshore Hospital 850 W Lawrence Avenue.
Our Vision Framework
THE MISSION // what we do
- Making disciples of JESUS neighborhood by neighborhood
THE VISION // where we are going
- Joining GOD as HE makes all things new
THE VALUES // what guides us
- We experience God’s restorative power flowing into and mending the broken and hurting places, and we join the stream of this grand renewal project by making known the all encompassing love of JESUS in our neighborhoods & city.
- We affirm that every single person has immeasurable value because they are made in the image of God. Yet we live in a world where so many have their inherent dignity questioned & marred, often as the result of systemic injustices. In response, we will be a community of hope and action — seeking friendship and unity as we become reconcilers and advocate until all people in Chicago flourish.
- We are liberated through the person and work of Jesus to unceasingly experience the Spirit’s transformative power and presence, and as a distinct people marked by this freedom, we delight to behold and encounter the face of God as the Kingdom breaks in among us.