Is this for you?
In order to be a good fit for this job, this pastor needs to passionately pursue Jesus and encourage the congregation to do the same; he or she needs to be a gifted preacher and communicator of God’s Word; and need to be experienced in leading a congregation with forward movement to best live out our shared vision. If these three characteristics are true of you, we’d love to hear from you.
Missio Dei Wrigleyville started in 2008 as a congregation of Missio Dei Chicago. We are a spiritually vibrant community that owns an historic building in the Wrigleyville neighborhood of Chicago. We have a committed core within a transient, urban context. Missio Dei Chicago is a church made up of four congregations rallying around the singular vision of joining God as He makes all things new in the city of Chicago. Each congregation is committed to making disciples of Jesus in its context by intentionally engaging the holistic needs of their neighbors and neighborhoods. Each congregation has its own budget, as well as elder, deacon, and leadership teams that care for the spiritual direction of its people and make an effort to see people follow Jesus. Missio Dei holds to the essential Christian doctrines as best expressed in the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a new lead pastor, working closely alongside the elder and staff team to lead the congregation toward our vision, mission, and values. A promising candidate will root themselves in the community and will ardently and wisely lead and equip the congregation into fruitful, devoted ministry, including a heart for the non-believers. A strong ability to teach and disciple others is needed. He or she will be a visionary leader who is passionate about collaborating with the congregation to achieve goals. This person must champion the communication and the demonstration of the vision of our church. This role is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
As a candidate for this position, in addition to being capable of pastoring this community according to the above explanation, you should:
- Meet character requirements of an elder as outlined in scripture (1 Tim 3, Titus 1), and a strong devotional, prayer life and overall health spiritually.
- Have pastoral experience, preferably vocationally and over 5 years, especially leading and growing a church, preferably in an urban environment
- Be willing to delegate and be team oriented. Also, be willing to share authority with elder team and collaborate with a team of elders, staff and other leaders.
- Have academic biblical training (seminary, Bible college, other).
- Be willing to live in the Lakeview/Wrigleyville area and be invested in church community.
- Stand in agreement with our statement of faith.
- Be willing to share two character and two ministry references.
To apply, complete the application linked below.